Railroad trackman job description
In this post, you can ref job description of Railroad Railroad trackman in details. A complete job description concludes Railroad Railroad trackman key duties/responsibilities, Railroad Railroad trackman job qualifications (knowledge, education, skills, abilities, experience…KSA model) and other ones such as daily tasks, key activities, key/core competencies, job functions/purpose…
I. List of Railroad trackman duties:
- Repair or adjust track switches, using wrenches and replacement parts.
- Cut rails to specified lengths, using rail saws.
- Operate track-wrench machines to tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold ends of rails together.
- Lubricate machines, change oil, or fill hydraulic reservoirs to specified levels.
- Clean or make minor repairs to machines or equipment.
II. List of Railroad trackman qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Some college preferred
- Valid state issued driver's license
- Eight years working on railroad bridge maintenance, inspections and construction
- Knowledge of railroad construction materials
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Technical and mechanical acumen
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of KCS On Track Safety Rules, General Code of Operating Rules, FRA Title 49, Track Safety Standards Part 213, and Railroad Workplace Safety and Bridge Worker Safety Part 214